Archive

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4252,4250,4260,4268,4267,4266,4258,4253,4262,4264,4255,4256"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT Housing Visions Unlimited and The Salvation Army has redeveloped a c. 1926 28,000-square-foot, four-story apartment building as a new women’s shelter. The building, abandoned after a fire for over 15 years, required total interior reconstruction, new windows, and

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4239,4240,4241,4242,4243"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text]Construction on East Bay Lodge, designed by Leif Kallquist, is well under way and it looks gorgeous![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4092,4093,4094,4095,4096,4097,4098,4099,4100"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT E.B. Morgan House began life as a summer residence in 1859. Later converted to a guest residence for Well College, was restored to its original grandeur. Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates has directed the restoration of the structure, including the

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4087,4088,4089"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT The Landmark Theatre was originally built in 1928 as the Loew’s State Theatre and designed by Thomas Lamb, a famous movie palace architect, in what he called “European Byzantine Romanesque” style. In 2000, Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates was engaged

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4329,4074,4075,4076,4077,4078,4079,4080,4081"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates, Architects LLP designed an extensive renovation of the 1928 Thomas Lamb-designed Landmark Theatre. The project adapted the Theatre, originally built as the Loew’s State movie theatre, to accommodate Broadway shows. To do this, the existing

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4061,4062,4063,4064,4065,4066,4067,4068,4069"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT This historic lakeshore home was built in 1903 to the design of Gaggin and Gaggin Architects.  It is an eclectic mix of late shingle-style and Colonial Revival influences, with an expansive stair hall, a broad wraparound porch, and

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4051,4052,4053,4054,4055,4056,4057,4058,4059"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT When the Wood Residence project began, it was hard to recognize the 1826 core of the house. Careful research revealed a simple white clapboarded three-bay Federal house anchoring the composition, with two later Greek Revival wings with porches

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4045,4046,4047"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates was asked to restore the roof on Hendricks Chapel, a National Register structure which dominates the Syracuse University Quadrangle.  The Chapel was designed by John Russell Pope, in association with Dwight James Baum, as the

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4035,4036,4037,4038,4039,4040,4041,4042,4043"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates, working with The Stopen Engineering Partnership, restored this 150-foot-tall steeple.  The exterior stone veneer, which was bulging outward severly, was re-secured to the structural stone core with epoxy-anchored stainless steel rods, and then grouted together. 

[vc_row][vc_column width="2/3"][eltdf_image_gallery number_of_columns="3" pretty_photo="yes" image_size="300x300" images="4025,4027,4028,4029,4030,4031,4032"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text] THE PROJECT Abundant Life Christian Fellowship Church is a 42,000-square-foot  structure surrounded by open fields, giving its pyramid-like structures a prominence reminiscent of historic religious structures. The central lobby connects the other larger pods, the education wing, and sanctuary, each