This grand historic house was originally constructed in 1826 in the Federal style. It was enlarged and Victorianized in 1871. When the last owner purchased the house in 1895, he added the prominent front porch and extensively restored the interior, maintaining the original Federal-style parlors and front bedrooms, and creating a High Victorian walnut-trimmed dining room. Since his death in 1932, the house has remained unoccupied. Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates began restoration of the exterior and site in 2001. The masonry was repaired, and the original tinted, whitewash finish carefully matched and blended. A new slate roof replaced the deteriorated original. All woodwork, windows, shutters, and the porch were carefully restored. Restoration for the interior was completed in 2006, preserving the historic rooms and adapting the house for today’s lifestyle.
Photos ©Don Cochran Photography
2007 Design Award
Merit Award – Residential
Central New York American Institute of Architects