We’re hiring for the following positions: INTERIOR DESIGNER
ABOUT THE JOB:
Holmes▪King▪Kallquist & Associates, Architects strives to consistently attain superior and innovative design and excellence in building craftsmanship, producing quality detailing and specifying appropriate materials.
We are a 21 person, team oriented, award winning firm which has grown steadily since 1981.
We provide design services for a vast range of project types, including: market-rate apartments, student housing, affordable housing, hospitality, libraries, offices, theatres and auditoriums, churches, university projects and highly personalized single-family homes and condominiums.
Our work ranges from historic restoration and adaptive re-use to new academic, commercial, public, and residential design. Multidisciplinary, early-stage planning services are an important part of our work, and include architects, interior designers, and appropriate specialists in the development of building programs, space planning, conceptual design, feasibility studies, and master plans. Sustainable Design has been a tenet of our firm’s practice throughout our history.
Our interior design studio has extensive experience in all phases of the design process, informing building planning and design decisions from project inception. They work side-by-side with our architects and engineering team to assure a functional design, and high quality, coordinated space.
You should enjoy working on different projects and teams while contributing to the projects based on your own expertise and experience. The varied project typologies provide a never ending opportunity for growth and an engaging work experience.
Full-Time — Syracuse, NY
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing.
- Assist in site visits for existing conditions assessment, field measurements and punch-lists
- Space planning
- Finish selection and specification
- Furniture selection and specification
- Create documents for construction drawing set(s), including furniture and finish plans, schedules and interior elevations
- Plumbing fixture and fittings selection and coordination
- Light fixture selection and coordination
- Window coverings selection
- Historic Interiors
- Assist in preparation for client meetings and occasionally attend
- Research and maintain technical knowledge of interior products, finish materials, emerging trends and practices
- Provide support to Interior Design studio staff
- Maintain department finish library and sample ordering
- Create presentation materials such as finish concepts and finish boards
- Schedule and attend manufacturer representative meetings
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Fully paid health and dental plan
- Optional employee paid supplemental insurance
- Educational Assistance Program
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Vibrant in-house continuing education program
- Free onsite parking
- Paid time off
- Comp Time
- Paid Family Leave
- BS Interior Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite: PowerPoint, Word/Publisher, Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and be a team player
- Able to take constructive criticism and direction
- Ability to prioritize completing project demands and to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- SketchUp experience
- 3D Rendering skills
- NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer
- Well Certified
- LEED® Certified
- Commercial project design experience
- FFE Experience
- Building Code knowledge
POST A COMMENT
You must be logged in to post a comment.