Posies Flower Shop occupies a tiny, but locally beloved, circa 1900 commercial structure on the main street in the Village of Aurora. The original structure was stripped of later additions and restored to its original appearance. Because the building was located within the highway right-of-way and sat over contaminated soil due to a former use as a gas station, the structure was relocated, contaminated soil removed, and a new basement workroom created. This allowed the entire first floor to be devoted to display and retail sales. Removal of the old hung ceiling allowed dramatic lighting and vertical merchandising, while enhancing the view of Cayuga Lake to the rear.